Monday 29 January 2007

January journal quilt


One of my new year's resolutions was to make a journal quilt each month. I had intended a different theme altogether for January - but somehow, this is what emerged - and is probably a good record of how I spent my spare time this month - organising my stash and marvelling at how much I have accumulated - Where did all this stuff come from, indeed!

I have started organising my patchwork fabrics and have been slicing most up into 2 1/2 inch strips so I can turn out a variety of interesting scrap quilts for charity, and also just because scrap quilts are my favourite - why only use half a dozen fabrics when you can use hundreds? I love scrap quilts.

Anyway - all this slicing and dicing produced a pile of selvedge edges and combined with my musings while I was working - voila - January's journal quilt. I now have to make a little companian piece - part of my resolution was to make a postcard size piece to send to my good friend Gay in North Carolina, so she didn't just see what I had done on the net, but also had a little piece to hold as well - so that is tomorrow's project - except I have to go back to work tomorrow, after a four day weekend! Still, a postcard won't take long, and I still have a lot of those selvedge edges left. Unfortuntely, I don't have another one of those cute miniature rotary cutter pins - damn, I'll have to think of something else special to include - I think I have an idea - watch this space!

1 comment:

Judy Scott said...

Hello there thankyou for your lovely funny message it made me and my girls smile and laugh ~ in Bakewell they are called Bakewell Puddings ~ there, Bakewell Tarts are those girls who like to have a 'good time' hehehehe !!! But there is a well known confectioner baker who sells them as tarts, have you been to Bakewell ~ its so lovely. Anyway Im going on and on here ~ just looked at all your work its really fabulous and you are very talented love your journal quilt too ~ see you again ~ Jude xxx