Sunday 12 April 2009

Cot quilt





I have been busy making a cot quilt for our first grandchild, due at the end of May. Its a boy (apparently!), so went for something not girly, pink or flowery.


I used an overall Baptist fan type design in a multi coloured thread.



Here is the back view



I used a rather cute Paddington Bear fabric that I got from Hancocks on sale and chose some assorted scraps in matching colours for the triangles.

Now I just have to do the binding (I HATE bindings). While I am on a roll, I will load up another baby quilt (this one is definitely pink) that I have had lying around for ages and get it quilted for the Bushfire appeal.

Then I need to go and make a lemon meringue pie - my traditional Easter sunday dessert - I have no idea why, it just is! With roast leg of lamb for the main course. Aaahhh - life is good!

No comments: