Sunday 24 December 2006

First post!


Like most people at this time of year, I am composing a list of New Year's resolutions - I already have a head start on some - learning to swim, losing some weight, improving my flexibility through regular stretching......but now it is time to decide to do some things to improve my creativity. 2006 wasn't a great year for creativity - work and life got in the way. I am determined that 2007 will be more productive, and part of that is starting a blog. I enjoy reading other peoples' and seeing their work - I hope others will enjoy mine. Having a blog will create a discipline to actually DO things, so I will have something to post - at least that's the theory!


Here is a postcard I made earlier this year, one of the first things I made on my embellisher, and finished off with FME, a few beads and a piece of oyster shell, from my favourite place - Wagonga inlet, on the south coast of New South Wales, at Narooma. We are planning on retiring there in three years - can't wait!

3 comments:

sharonb said...

Hi Hillary - thanks for commenting on my blog and joining in on the TAST challenge -

I know your name and we have possibly met but drop me an email since we both live in Canberra - perhaps get together for coffee? Meet in Civic somewhere?

Downunderdale said...

Welcome to blogland Hilary - it does keep you on your toes and make you work!

cheers
Dale

Micki said...

Welcome, Hilary.

Your postcard is beautiful. Love those yummy colors.