Tuesday 26 December 2006

I may be going crazy

Well dear reader - flushed with success at my first post, I tried a second today and disaster struck. I won't bore you with the details, but suffice to say that I have spent many hours trawling through Google help (without success), as my blog 'disappeared'. In despair, I created a new one, and thought all would be well, but little did I know...the same thing happened.

I was about to give up on blogging, deciding it was clearly way too complicated, when miraculously, both blogs appeared again, and (as far as I can tell), are now going to let me post further messages.

So, here goes - this will be the third time today I have tried posting this message, or a variation of it, on two different blogs. If this doesn't work, I really am giving up!





This is a bundle of fabric samples that I carefully unpicked from some sample cards I bought more than 10 years ago - those were the days before Internet shopping, when you sent away for actual samples of things - imagine!!


I decided I could put these to good use doing some colour exercises, like the ones I did in Module 1 of Dale Rollerson's Playways - check out The Thread Studio website for more info.

I also plan on maybe using some in the Journal quilts I intend doing during 2007 - more on that later.

In preparation for Take a Stitich Tuesday on Sharon Boggin's website, I have been sorting through my fabrics and threads, and found these two pieces













They were 'play' pieces using a variety of stitches to create texture. I quite like them.

Alright - the moment of truth - I will try and publish this and see where it ends up. Wish me luck.

1 comment:

Micki said...

These are lovely.