Monday 18 June 2007

Yo-yo update #2

Well, it has been pointed out to me in the nicest possible way that I am a complete idiot! Although in my defense, I don't think the instructions/illustrations in the pack are as clear as they could be - but never mind, thank goodness for the internet. If you do buy the thingie, I'd recommend throwing away the instructions in the pack and going here for downloadable pdf instructions, with colour photos!
Also, check out Sara Lechner's blog to see how she has combined yo-yos made with the tool with her embellisher to apply them to a background.
I see that Clover are coming out with other shapes - such as hearts and a five petal flower. Not sure about the hearts, but you can easily make a petalled flower (3, 5 or whatever you like) from an ordinary round yo-yo. Make and gather up as usual, then put the needle through the middle of the circle shape to the back and bring the thread up over the outside edge and put the needle back through the centre again. Pull firmly and the thread will ruche the outside edge down towards the centre. Do this at 12, 3, 6 and 9 o'clock for a four petal flower. Can't see that you would need to buy a separate thingie to do that!

1 comment:

chicmuffet said...

HI Thanks so much for your instructions to make a flower-shaped yo-yo!! They will be perfect on a clippie for my girls!!!